LANE CLOSURES SCHEDULED NEXT WEEK ON SEVERAL STATE HIGHWAYS FOR OVERHEAD SIGN INSPECTIONS IN THE PHI
King of Prussia, PA – Lane closures are scheduled next week on several state highways in Montgomery, Chester, Philadelphia and Bucks counties, for overhead sign inspections, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today. Weather permitting, the schedule is:
• Monday, April 3, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, left and right lane closures are scheduled on northbound Interstate 476 between the Norristown and Germantown Pike/Plymouth Road interchanges in Plymouth Township, Montgomery County;
• Tuesday, April 4, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, left and right lane closures are scheduled on northbound U.S. 202 between the West Valley Road and U.S. 422 interchanges in Tredyffrin Township, Chester County;
• Wednesday, April 5, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, left and right lane closures are scheduled on eastbound and westbound Interstate 76 between the Girard Avenue and Interstate 676 interchanges in Philadelphia;
• Thursday, April 6, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, left and right lane closures are scheduled on northbound and southbound U.S. 1 between the Bellevue Avenue and Interstate 95 interchanges in Middletown Township, Bucks County; and
• Friday, April 7, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, left and right lane closures are scheduled on northbound and southbound Route 363 (South Trooper Road) between U.S. 422 and Betzwood Drive in Lower Providence Township, Montgomery County. Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through these areas because slowdowns may occur.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 770 traffic cameras.
511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional Twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.
For more PennDOT information, visit www.penndot.gov. Follow Local PennDOT Information on Twitter at www.twitter.com/511PAPhilly, and follow the department on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pennsylvaniadepartmentoftransportation and Instagram at www.instagram.com/pennsylvaniadot.
MEDIA CONTACT: Bob Kent, 610-205-6801