King of Prussia, PA – Travel restrictions are scheduled next week on several state highways in Montgomery, Delaware, Chester and Bucks counties for maintenance operations, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today.
The work schedule is:
• Monday, July 31, and Tuesday, August 1, from 7:00 PM to 5:30 AM, Stenton Avenue is scheduled to close between Flourtown Road and Norristown Road in Whitpain Township, Montgomery County, for base repair. During construction, Stenton Avenue motorists will be detoured over Flourtown Road, Joshua Road, Germantown Pike, Walton Road and Norristown Road;
• Monday, July 31, through Wednesday, August 2, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, intermittent lane closures are scheduled on northbound U.S. 1 between the Route 252 (Media/Newtown Square) and Baltimore Pike interchanges in Upper Providence, Delaware County, for base repair;
• Monday, July 31, through Thursday, August 3, from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM, lane restrictions are scheduled on U.S. 30 (Coatesville/Downingtown Bypass) between the Airport Road and Route 340 (Kings Highway) interchanges in Valley and Caln townships, Chester County, for median stabilization;
• Monday, July 31, through Thursday, August 3, from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM, lane closures are
scheduled on U.S. 1 between Route 896 (Newark Road) and Route 41 (Gap Newport Pike) in London Grove, Penn and Lower Oxford townships, Chester County, for shoulder work;
• Tuesday, August 1, and Wednesday, August 2, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, lane closures are scheduled on westbound U.S. 422 from just west of the Route 724/Phoenixville Interchange to the Hanover Street Interchange in North Coventry Township, Montgomery County, for base repair;
• Tuesday, August 1, through Friday, August 4, from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Lower State Road is scheduled to close between Almshouse Road and U.S. 202 in Doylestown Township, Bucks County, for pipe replacement. During construction, Lower State Road motorists will be detoured over Bristol Road and U.S. 202;
• Wednesday, August 2, and Thursday, August 3, from 7:00 PM to 5:30 AM, Norristown Road is scheduled to close between Butler Pike and Stenton Avenue in Whitpain Township, Montgomery County, for base repair. During construction, Norristown Road motorists will be detoured over Butler Pike and Stenton Avenue; and
• Thursday, August 3, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, left lane closures are scheduled on eastbound U.S. 422 between the Oaks/Audubon and Route 363/Trooper interchanges in Upper Providence and Lower Providence townships, Montgomery County, for concrete patching.
Local access will be maintained up to the construction zones for all closures. Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling near the work areas because slowdowns will occur during construction. All scheduled activities are weather dependent.
For more information on projects occurring or being bid this year, those made possible by or accelerated by Act 89, or those on the department’s Four and Twelve Year Plans, visit www.projects.penndot.gov.
A list of weekly road restrictions and PennDOT maintenance operations in the five-county Philadelphia region is available by visiting the District 6 Traffic Bulletin at www.penndot.gov/District6.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 825 traffic cameras.
511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional Twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.
For more PennDOT information, visit www.penndot.gov. Follow local PennDOT information on Twitter at www.twitter.com/511PAPhilly, and follow the department on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pennsylvaniadepartmentoftransportation and Instagram at www.instagram.com/pennsylvaniadot.
MEDIA CONTACT: Chelsea Lacey-Mabe, 610-205-6799