King of Prussia, PA – Travel restrictions are scheduled next week for bridge inspections on U.S. 202 (DeKalb Street), Interstate 95, Interstate 476 and Ridge Pike in Philadelphia and Montgomery County, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today.
The work schedule is:
• Wednesday, September 6, from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM, a right lane closure is scheduled on northbound I-476 between the I-76 and Conshohocken interchanges in West Conshohocken Borough, Montgomery County;
• Wednesday, September 6, from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM, a right lane closure is scheduled on southbound I-476 between the Conshohocken and I-76 interchanges in West Conshohocken Borough, Montgomery County;
• Wednesday, September 6, and Thursday, September 7, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, a left lane closure is scheduled on southbound I-95 between the Columbus Boulevard/Washington Avenue and Walt Whitman Bridge/Packer Avenue interchanges in Philadelphia;
• Thursday, September 7, from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM, a right lane closure is scheduled on northbound U.S. 202 (DeKalb Street) between Front Street and Washington Street in Bridgeport Borough and Norristown, Montgomery County;
• Thursday, September 7, from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM, a right lane closure is scheduled on southbound U.S. 202 (DeKalb Street) between Washington Street and Front Street in Bridgeport Borough and Norristown, Montgomery County; and
• Friday, September 8, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, the southbound lane on Ridge Pike is scheduled to close between Evansburg Road and Grange Avenue in Lower Providence Township, Montgomery County.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work areas because slowdowns will occur. The schedules are dependent on the weather.
The inspections are part of PennDOT’s program to inspect bridges at least once every two years. The inspections ensure the safety and overall condition of the structures.
For more information on projects occurring or being bid this year, those made possible by or accelerated by Act 89, or those on the department’s Four and Twelve Year Plans, visit www.projects.penndot.gov.
A list of weekly road restrictions and PennDOT maintenance operations in the five-county Philadelphia region is available by visiting the District 6 Traffic Bulletin at www.penndot.gov/District6.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 825 traffic cameras.
511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional Twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.
For more PennDOT information, visit www.penndot.gov. Follow local PennDOT information on Twitter at www.twitter.com/511PAPhilly, and follow the department on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pennsylvaniadepartmentoftransportation and Instagram at www.instagram.com/pennsylvaniadot.
MEDIA CONTACT: Bob Kent, 610-205-6801